Online public health degrees
Learn part-time with our flexible online degrees in public health and global health.
- Flexible hours, so you can work full-time while earning qualifications.
- Pay-per-term fees, so you can spread the cost.
- Take study breaks between courses when you need to.
Online public health short courses
Not ready to take on a full degree? Start small with an online short course.
Many of our short courses in public health and global health are part of online Masters degrees. They give you a flexible way to:
- build graduate qualifications in public health, one short course at time
- add postgraduate skills to your CV when it suits you
- move towards a career in public health or global health.
Whether you’re looking to earn a Masters, change career, or upskill for the future, find your first course to get started.
Outstanding research quality
We’re rated 1st in Scotland for Public Health, Health Services and Primary Care research in the UK’s Research Excellence Framework (REF 2021).
Study public health online with an award-winning UK university
You’ll graduate from an ancient UK university, founded in 1495, and ranked 2nd in the UK for Medicine by the Guardian University Guide 2023.
Be part of a university leading the way in nutrition, women’s health, infection control and clinical scanning, transforming lives and medical practice around the world.
We’re proud winners of the Queen’s Anniversary Prize, the highest national honour for a UK university, for sustained excellence in health services research over the last 40 years.
Our work has changed clinical practice, policy, legislation and academic method, directly impacting the lives of millions of people.Our research impact
Learn with us anywhere, with no need for a study visa
Access our expert teaching wherever you are. Students join us online from over 100 countries around the world each year.
- You’ll earn exactly the same qualification online as you would studying with us on campus.
- Our online qualifications are recognised by healthcare employers and learning institutions around the globe.
- With no visa needed, benefit from our expertise in the UK without the cost and hassle of having to relocate.
Careers in public health and global health
Our online courses will help you prepare for success in a broad range of public health, global health, and academic careers.
We can help you gain the skills you need to:
- pursue a career in the public health sector
- influence public health policy
- undertake independent public health research
- move on to a PhD.
Choose from a substantial range of public and global health courses to tailor your learning to your career goals.
Choose flexible online learning with the University of Aberdeen
Fits around full-time work
Online courses designed to fit around work. With flexible hours and 24/7 study access.
You’re in expert hands
We’ve been delivering online and distance learning for decades.
NHS and alumni discounts
NHS staff receive a 10% discount on a range of our online courses and degrees, and our alumni receive 20% off.