This is a four-week, self-guided course. It’s delivered entirely online via FutureLearn. View and join this course on FutureLearn.
The course is split into weeks, activities, and steps, and you can complete them as quickly or slowly as you like.
You’ll learn through a mix of:
- bite-sized videos
- long- and short-form articles
- practical activities.
At every step of the course, you can share ideas with your peers and tutors, joining in active discussions in the comments.
You’ll learn from expert academics and researchers from our Institute of Applied Health Sciences.
We’ve developed this course based on years of collaboration with third-sector organisations, academics, medics and researchers working on FGM projects in and outside of the UK. Reviewers and supporters of the course include:
- Students for Global Health, University of Aberdeen
- University of Aberdeen’s Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Forum
- Dr Benjamin Costello – lecturers at the University of Birmingham
- Dr Emma Danks – Midwife and lecturer at the University of Wolverhampton
- Hilary Burrage – author of multiple FGM texts.
- Royal College of Midwifery
- Royal College of Nursing
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
You set your own hours for this course and study when it suits you.
It totals 16 hours of study time. So, it takes around four hours per week to complete in four weeks.