Your Student Support Team
Throughout your studies, you’ll have access to a friendly subject-specific support team. This includes:
- your degree or course coordinator, for all academic questions
- your School’s support team, for any non-academic issues
- the Registry team, for any concerns about your programme of study.
Your degree or course coordinator
If you feel you’re struggling with your course or falling behind in your studies, it’s important to talk to someone as soon as you can. Contact your course coordinator in the first instance.
Your course coordinator is your academic advisor. They oversee your studies. You can contact them with any academic questions or issues. Even if they cannot provide you with immediate advice, they’ll point you in the right direction.
Your coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- providing information on lecture and tutorial arrangements, coursework requirements, assessment methods, and information on avoiding plagiarism
- ensuring that your degree or course is delivered appropriately and effectively
- assisting you in your learning progression and addressing any academic issues you have.
How to contact your coordinator
At the start of your studies, your coordinator will let you know how best to contact them and when their office hours are. You can contact them via your online learning platform and email, and you may also be able to have a chat via phone, Skype or Teams.
School support team
Each of our Schools (School of Engineering, Law, Business, etc) has a dedicated support team, ready to help you with any non-academic issues. Find your School Office contact details.
If you want to speak to your coordinator but you can’t reach them, you can contact your School Office to make an appointment.
If you have wider concerns about your programme of study, Registry staff are there for you. Though they cannot provide academic advice, they can advise on what to do if you, for example:
- want to switch courses
- have failed exams
- are unsure if you’re qualified to progress to the next year of study.
They can also help you interpret the regulations for your programme of study. Contact a Postgraduate Officer in Registry by emailing email@example.com.