Get connected with our free Careers and Employability Service.
It’s open to our online:
- short course students
- degree students
We aim to inspire career success for all our online students and graduates.
Lifelong career support
Our career support doesn’t stop when you graduate.
You have access to our free careers service while you study, and beyond.
- 1:1 appointments
- CV checks
- Interview prep
- Job opportunities
How we can help you
We offer a range of impartial, tailored and professional services.
Explore your career potential
Education, information and guidance to help you plan and achieve your career goals.
Develop your skills
Innovative training to build career confidence, whether you’re in work or searching for work.
The latest job, research and internship opportunities, regionally, nationally and globally.
One-to-one career advice
Book appointments with a specialist career adviser and access one-to-one services including:
- 20-minute appointments for feedback on CVs and applications
- 30-minute appointments with a career adviser who specialises in your study subject
- one-hour interview practice sessions
- our Virtual Adviser service for submitting quick queries online.
Chat with us online, in person, or over the phone at a time that suits you.
Career mentoring for online degree students
If you’re an undergraduate or postgraduate degree student, take advantage of our Career Mentoring Programme. It’s a unique opportunity to be matched with an experienced professional in a six-month partnership.
Get one-to-one career support and guidance in a specific profession or sector.
You’ll experience a range of benefits that can make a big difference to your life and future career prospects.
- Explore a specific profession or employment area.
- Develop work-related skills and confidence.
- Connect with relevant professionals to build your career networks.
Connect with career opportunities
You can sign up to the CareerConnect service to connect with career opportunities around the world and on your doorstep. You’ll find over 1,000 opportunities advertised here annually.
- Search for the latest graduate jobs, work placements and internships.
- Receive regular email alerts of new opportunities tailored to your requirements.
- Browse events, fairs, employer presentations and skills workshops.
Find out more
Looking for CV tips? Want to find out more about working abroad?
It has more information, advice and resources to help you explore your options.